Sunday, March 22, 2015

VIBHUTI YOGA


Elaborating on his glory to Arjuna Lord Krishna asks him to listen to the significant discourse on spiritual and Vedantic matters intended for his welfare. The Lord tells Arjuna, ' Remember. even the devas and the rishis cannot comprehend ME. I am above birth and death and the lord of all the three worlds. Vijaya, I am the creator of all  Manus and the seven great sages and seers. I endow all human beings with their qualities according to their past karma!" Arjuna was emotionally touched with these words. He told Krishna that  all devotees and sages had extolled His qualities and that he sincerely believed in the truth of their sayings!
     Pleased with the response from Arjuna Krishna says that his devotees fix their mind on HIM They exactly live in Him! The day is bad for them when they do not think of HIM or hear His name or see His form! Arjuna now raises a question and wants to know how His devotees perform  UPASANA--worship. Krishna is overjoyed at this question as Arjuna is the first to ask such a question. None had ever put such a question to HIM during his previous avatars! UPASANA or worship is of two kinds says Krishna. The first is called " AKHANDOPASANA". where it is worship always in all situations without any break like the continuous flow of oil! This rare Upasana is granted to one who is in his last birth! The second type of Upasana or worship is called ' KHANDOPASANA" where worship is not continuous but only at certain times and places like Varanasi, Rameswaram, observing ekadasi, Sivarathri, and Sri Ramanavami
      What is the meaning of the word vibhuthi? It signifies the highest manifestations of Divinity! A few things declare the Glory of the Almighty. Worshipping those objects is called " Khandopasana". Though all objects are equal, some have intrinsic merit.The Sun shines on a mirror, a stone, and also on water. Glass reflects very well, water a little,and the stone does not reflect at all!! Krishna continues, ' Arjuna, among the twelve Adityas VIshnu is my glorious form. I am the light giving Surya. I am the  Moon among the stars. I am Aswattha--Peepal tree among the trees. Among the devotees I am the sage Narada. I am the great Vedavyasa among the sages and seers.I am Margasirsha among the months. Among the seasons I am Vasantha or the Spring. Among the alphabets I am A. In compound words I am " Dwanda samasa." Among the prosodies or chandas I am the Gayathri chandas. Among arms and ammunitions I am the Vajra. I am the Himalayas among the mountains.I am river Ganges among the rivers.
       "Among the Yadavas I am vasudeva. Among the Pandavas I am Arjuna myself! ( I have placed my sakthi in you) Among the poets I am Sukra. Among the games I am the game of dice. I am also renown, prosperity, intelligence,speech, perseverence, patience, forgiveness and tolerance!"
        Divinity can be perceived among scholars,great warriors, heroes and the strong! From the ants creeping on the earth to the stars in the firmament we can see and experience Divinity!! When we see the beautiful aspects of Nature the worst of atheists will be convinced that there is a superior Being responsible for this amazing Creation!!
    
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment