Monday, July 26, 2021

23rd ASHTAPADI----JAYADEVA

 “Kshana madhuna Narayana anugata manusara Radhe..”


Radha and Madhava have now come together and their pangs of separation are things of the past! Their love for each other is heightened due to the temporary separation! In their heart is the unquenched desire for enjoyment and conjugal bliss!  Both Radha and Krishna are ready for love play and conjugal act! The ambience at the bush cottage is wonderful and conducive as it is Vasantakala and eminently suitable for the Divine Lover and Radha! Gita Govinda is a Sringara kavya and the poet enumerates in detail every single act and movement of the Divine Lover Krishna and His lovely damsel Radha! Jayadeva describes, in this ASHTAPADI, the fine words full of love and feelings addressed by Krishna to His paramour Radha during the conjugal act!


“ O Radha! Worship your favourable Narayana for a moment!  Place your lotus feet on the couch made up of tender sprouts! Let the bed made of tender sprouts experience its humiliation compared to your soft and delicate feet!”


“O Radha! I will support your lotus feet with my lotus palms!  You have come to me from a very long distance! Agree to place your ringing anklets on the couch!”


“O Radha! Speak favorably like the nectar oozing from the face of the moon! I will remove the dress on your chest like the sorrow caused by your separation!”


“O Radha! Place the heavy breasts in your unattainable great chest on my chest! They are egging me on for your warm embrace! Please be amenable and liberate me from this heat of Manmatha!”


“O Damsel!  Let me taste the sweetness of the amrita of your lips! I have suffered enough by the pangs of separation! I have always fixed you in my heart! I haven’t enjoyed any fun and I am your servant! In fact, I am equal to a dead person! Bring me back to life!” 


“ Supreme amongst the virgin women! O Radha! I Am polluted by the useless feeling of anger and yet you have looked at me with consideration! Come and have the conjugal act with me! Your eyes are closing themselves as if you are blushing! Leave off this sense of difference!”


“Let this ASHTAPADI composed by  poet Jayadeva that describes in every word the bliss of Krishna shall please the ' rasikas' because of the feelings of ' Srngara' embedded in it!” 


“ Radha’s chest grew red in color! It had marks of nails imprinted on it! Her eyes too grew red for want of proper sleep! Her lips were shorn of attraction! The flowers on her locks of hair slipped as they became loose! The girdle on her waist too loosened! Krishna lost Himself in Radha though it was early in the morning!”


“Totally satisfied after the conjugal act, Radha and Madhava were extremely happy! Later, Radha, who had taken Krishna under her control, desired Krishna to beautify her with adornments and said!”




No comments:

Post a Comment